The Down Syndrome Association of Delaware hosts social events throughout the state all year round. These events are open to all members providing unique opportunities to connect with other families in a casual setting. Most events are free or of nominal cost thanks to all the individuals who support us financially through membership, contributions and donations, the Buddy Walk, and Run for the Buds.
We also offer unique social groups for each age group. These programs allow a time to connect for both children and parents. For more information visit our Social group page.
- Valentine’s Dance – Young and old gather for dancing and refreshments.
- Spring Egg Hunt – Welcome spring at the annual spring egg hunt and family party.
- Semi Formal Dinner Dance – This event is geared toward teen and adult self advocates.
- Annual Dinner Meeting – Parents and adult self advocates gather for a lovely dinner, board of director elections, brief report from the president and a featured guest speaker.
- Buddy Walk – DSA of Delaware’s signature event is held annually the third Sunday of May. Nearly 2,000 people gather to raise awareness and funds for DSA of DE’s programming. The afternoon outdoor event features a walk, entertainment and food for all ages.
- Blue Gold Football Tailgate Party – The DFRC (http://blue-gold.org/) Annual Blue Gold Football Game in June is held at the University of Delaware. This informal family picnic and tailgate is held just outside the football stadium.
- Summer Swimming Picnics and Fall Hayride – Seasonal get-togethers for all ages.
- Children’s Holiday Party – Crafts, refreshments, gifts and special guests highlight this family event.